November 29, 2010 Dear Judah, Your heart was supposed to start beating today or tomorrow, according to my maternity nursing textbook, but instead, I spent the day grieving the end of your incredibly short life. I don’t know how to express the feelings within me. When I began to suspect your existence just a few days ago, my heart swelled with new emotions. I felt this strange new mix of excitement, fear, joy, trepidation, and mostly love. Perhaps it was the love that surprised me the most. How could I love with such fierceness someone I had never met? How could I have such a depth of affection for someone whose face I had never seen—someone who didn’t yet even have a face? When I looked at the line on the pregnancy test, I was amazed. Suddenly, merely in looking at that positive result, I had taken on a new identity. I was a mother. You gave me a new title, and with that title, a new, sacred responsibility. And although it was not a title or responsibility that...
Thank you and God Bless all of you who have the courage to stand up for the dignity of all human life, born or unborn. May God continue to give you strength. May many people learn the horror of abortion as God continues to work through you so that one day abortion will be no more! God's love to all of you!
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Teresa M